Monday, August 25, 2008

There's Plenty Of Room At The Hotel Next To The Hotel California

Thank goodness for that. Because prices have gone up at the infamous den of iniquity ever since the Eagles suffered from heroin constipation there back in the 70's. 

Yes, there actually is a Hotel California. I know: "Ugh." I too had always hoped it was just wacky drug metaphor Don Henley came up. But, turns out, it's real and located here in this little seaside town Christin and I are currently visiting called Todos Santos. See?

Hotel California

Now, I checked with several of the patrons there this morning, and despite what the lyrics of the song say, "you can check out anytime you want" AND you can leave. I noticed several American tourists coming and going of their own volition, and there were no "steely knives" stopping them or anything. 

So, that's good. But, like I said, it's a bit costly to get a room there. So, we just opted for its less glamorous neighbor...

Hotel Whatever

No comments: